cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1002 Router doing multiple VRFs

chucktiede
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASR 1002 router with Three VRFs coming into it. The first 2 VRFs are just terminating on the ASR with L3 sub interfaces. So no big deal with them. The third one is a VRF that needs to terminate on a separate router. The ASR that needs to split out this 3rd VRF is not allowed to have an IP address for it. So it just needs to forward off this as L2 to a separate physical port and then terminates on a different router. 

So my question is what is the best way to accomplish this on the ASR? Could I setup a pseudo wire setup or is there an easier way to just split off this as separate VLAN to the other physical interface? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You could try with bridging. Something like this

Interface bvi 1

no ip address

interface gig0

bridge-gropup 1

interface gig1

bridge-group 1

/Mikael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Renan Abreu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need the traffic that reaches your ASR1K on one particular interface to just  be forwarded to another one? 

Hi

You could try with bridging. Something like this

Interface bvi 1

no ip address

interface gig0

bridge-gropup 1

interface gig1

bridge-group 1

/Mikael

Yes, I have traffic coming in on a sub interface of say gi0/0/1.200 and need to just L2 forward that traffic to an another physical interface like gi1/0/1.

The bridging option informed by mlund seems to be what you need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card