cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 and ipv6

neuberfran
Level 1
Level 1
How to enable ipv6 in spa112 to accept setting fx line with ipv6 and asterisk 1.8 ??
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA112 is declared to be IPv6 upgradeable. But no such upgrade is available as far as I know. Do you have SPA112 with IPv6 support ?

On the other side, why you are asking for something like it ? SPA112 is not suitable for deployment into public IP addresses. For private, closed, LAN you can use private IPv4 addressing scheme.

In advance, IPv6 is brand new feature for Asterisk 1.8. There are some issues on the Asterisks side. You should consider to avoid IPv6 for production deployment.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA112 is declared to be IPv6 upgradeable. But no such upgrade is available as far as I know. Do you have SPA112 with IPv6 support ?

On the other side, why you are asking for something like it ? SPA112 is not suitable for deployment into public IP addresses. For private, closed, LAN you can use private IPv4 addressing scheme.

In advance, IPv6 is brand new feature for Asterisk 1.8. There are some issues on the Asterisks side. You should consider to avoid IPv6 for production deployment.

Hi Dan thank's.When cisco turn this firmware upgrade to accept ipv6 ?? I want to use so spa112 public. But no deployment production.

My humble opinion ? Never.

Cisco is spending insufficient resources even for patching known bugs.

Forget new features. But don't forget I'm not affiliated with Cisco in any way. I'm guessing only.

Note, I consider IPv6 to be inessential feature, personally. SPA [1235]xx devices are not stable nor secured to be exposed on public IP.

Which cisco ata product supports public ip secured ?

I can recommend none to you.

Connect it to known switch outside (or two, three ...) only. You may allow connections from other (known) phones with no intermediate switch as well. Use firewall or so to make it unreachable for connections from other (unknown) sources. Never expose SPA [1235]xx device to be reachable by just anyone.

It apply to untrusted devices connected in the same LAN as well!!!

Note my "Dangerous default, bill fraud may occur". SPA devices needs to be isolated from all untrusted devices, regardless they are local or external.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: