IP Phone - Phantom Off hook Auto Dial

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM - 9.1.2.11900-12

Unity Connection - 9.1.2TT1.11900-2TT1

IM&P - 9.1.1.41900-1

Cisco 7970 SCCP

I have had this happen twice now in the past month, so I am going to reach out for an answer.

User picks up the handset to make or answer a call, but instead the phone auto dials a number.  First occurrence was an internal DN being dialed, and the second occurrence was an outside # being dialed.  I was told that if they used the New Call softkey, they would get dial tone to make a call.

The most recent change we made was migrating off of the old Windows Unity 8.0(3) to Unity Connection.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I have seen this occurrence too while on the the same version of CM.  I do believe its a firmware issue with the phone(s) and a reset of the device will fix it in the interim.  What is the firmware on your 7970 currently?  This could possibly be the bug CSCuf85411

Thanks

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Yes, we were able to resolve by resetting the phone.  Firmware is SCCP70.9-3-1SR3-1S.

I would look into upgrading your firmware to 9-3-1SR4-1.  At least on that particular phone to begin with and then for a rollout.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

I am having this same issue.  It seems to be specifically the last missed call, and the simplest solution has been to clear the call history.  I am curious, though, because the issue is reoccurring in the same physical area connecting into the same closet.  I think I've ruled out a bad batch of phones because I replaced one phone completely, and the new phone had the same issue about two weeks later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: