Views
Helpful
Replies

client exclusion of WLC

frankieng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to ask that is wireless client MAC address has been assgin to Excluded Clients, does the WLC will ignore the "auth request" during the exclustion period?

Frankie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes WLC will ignore the auth request as per exclusion policy you set.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Configuring Client Exclusion Policies (GUI)

Step 1   Choose Security > Wireless Protection Policies > Client Exclusion Policies to open the Client Exclusion Policies page.
    Step 2   Select any of these check boxes if you want the controller to exclude clients for the condition specified. The default value for each exclusion policy is enabled.
    • Excessive 802.11 Association Failures—Clients are excluded on the sixth 802.11 association attempt, after five consecutive failures.
    • Excessive 802.11 Authentication Failures—Clients are excluded on the sixth 802.11 authentication attempt, after five consecutive failures.
    • Excessive 802.1X Authentication Failures—Clients are excluded on the fourth 802.1X authentication attempt, after three consecutive failures.

• IP Theft or IP Reuse—Clients are excluded if the IP address is already assigned to another device.
    • Excessive Web Authentication Failures—Clients are excluded on the fourth web authentication attempt, after three consecutive failures.

Issue the below command to see the time left when the client is excluded. default time is set to 60 sec. 

show exclusionlist

Information similar to the following appears:

Dynamically Disabled Clients
    ----------------------------
      MAC Address             Exclusion Reason        Time Remaining (in secs)
      -----------             ----------------        ------------------------

00:40:96:b4:82:55         802.1X Failure          	51

Hello, are these values default settings? For instance, can I change them? Can I, for example, change the 'Excessive 802.1X Authentication Failures' to 5 instead of 4?

abwahid
    Level 4
    Level 4

Hi,

Yes WLC will ignore the auth request as per exclusion policy you set.

George Stefanick
    VIP Alumni
    VIP Alumni

Actually, I think it ignores the probes, not the AUTHs. Going off memory .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card