Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones and partitons

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I have a below table where an extension is configured.

PhoneExtensionPartitionsCSS
physical phone111InternalInternal
User Device Profile111GSMGSM
jabber 4 Windows111GSMGSM

when a user is not logged in the phone , phone rings on the internal partition and that is perfect.

when a user is not logged in  phone (EM) and if he is logged in J4W the J4W doesn't rings. why that so is it normal or any misconfiguration??????????

when a user is logged in hard phone by (EM)  and also logged in J4W the rings comes on both (phones as well J4W) I think this is normal.

Please answer point no 2

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those are different scenarios you're talking about. #2 is a shared line, obviously both devices will ring at the same time.

#1, most likely is WAD, you'll always reach the DN which partition is higher in the CSS from the calling device as they're equally good matches, nothing to do there, that's how it's supposed to work. Friendly advice, drop the idea of using the same DNs, use different DNs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

Please correct  the below answers in red text.

1) when a user is not logged in the phone , and phone rings on the internal partition and that is perfect.

this is becz the internal partition is higher in the CSS.

2)when a user is not logged in  phone (EM) and if he is logged in J4W the J4W doesn't rings. why that so is it normal or any misconfiguration??????????

this is also becz the internal partition is higher in the CSS the phone in the internal partition will ring.

3) when a user is logged in hard phone by (EM)  and also logged in J4W the rings comes on both (phones as well J4W)

this is  becz he is login in the same phone where the extension 111 has been assigned on the phone line and in that line i have enabled  forward unregistered internal, external   to the  ext 111 and CSS GSM so that when the user is logged in his phone other users should reached him on his UDP.

4) when a user is logged in (EM) on another hard phone whose line number for example 222 and also logged in J4W.

the rings comes on internal partitions of extension 111 on the users desk instead of J4W & user where he is logged in.

5) when the user is not logged in and ext 111 hard phone is disconnected and if anybody calls Ext 111 the phone rings,

WHY,

Dears,

Any body can confirm my answers please.

thanks

Dears,

Is it something funny I am asking about,  Those are simple question I have asked

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: