I was hoping to get some clarifications on the ASA technology vs the Palo Alto 3020. Below are the specs from the website for the 3020.
1) I believe the ASA 5585X would be right choice/equivalent: ASA5585-S10C10-K9. Correct?
2) The ASA doesn't have zones, only Security Contexts, right?
3) The Palo Alto box lists "Virtual routers, virtual systems and zones. What are the ASA equivalents? I imagine Virtual Systems is the equivalent of a Security Context but I'm not sure. Any explanations here would be very helpful.
Palo Alto PA-3020 Hardware Firewalls
• 2 Gbps firewall throughput (App-ID enabled1)
• 1 Gbps threat prevention throughput
• 500 Mbps IPSec VPN throughput
• 250,000 max sessions per second
• 50,000 new sessions per second
• 1,000 IPSec VPN Users
• 10 Virtual routers
• 1/6 virtual systems (base/max2)
• 40 security zones
• 2,500 max number of policies