Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Unity Connection 9.1 - Voicemail button on phone

Answered Question
Jun 26th, 2014
User Badges:

We're running a newly upgraded version of Unity Connection 9.1 from Unity 7. After the upgrade, sometimes when we press the voicemail button on the phones it actually rings a few times before the voicemail attendant picks up and asks for your PIN. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Correct Answer by David Hailey about 3 years 1 month ago

That's usually ok for a single server but for a cluster, generally should use Top Down ... sometimes it depends on how many ports you have as well (e.g. very large clusters).  If I were you, I'd try top down and see if it makes a difference for your application.  If not, probably will need to dig a bit deeper into topology and such.

Hailey

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
David Hailey Thu, 06/26/2014 - 08:36
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

In your hunt configuration in CUCM, what is the distribution algorithm you have set for the line group(s)? 

Hailey

Correct Answer
David Hailey Thu, 06/26/2014 - 09:38
User Badges:

That's usually ok for a single server but for a cluster, generally should use Top Down ... sometimes it depends on how many ports you have as well (e.g. very large clusters).  If I were you, I'd try top down and see if it makes a difference for your application.  If not, probably will need to dig a bit deeper into topology and such.

Hailey

cowetacoit Thu, 06/26/2014 - 09:51
User Badges:

that makes sense. i added a unity conn subscriber with an additional 16 ports. chenged CM to Top down and it seems good now. thanks!

David Hailey Thu, 06/26/2014 - 10:01
User Badges:

Good deal, glad to help.

Hailey

Actions

This Discussion