Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

How to use subdomain at Jabber with IM and Presence 10.5

Unanswered Question
Jun 30th, 2014
User Badges:
  • Events Top Contributors,

External, 2014

I successfully have installed CUCM, CUCM IM Presence 10.5 and populate my user with msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress on the AD(sip:[email protected]). 
And installed the expressway-C and expressway-E to do the MRA feature.

I am able to log on Jabber and have chat, calls, video, contact photos, contact informations and so on, but now I am trying to test the multiple IM domain feature (that is a requirements of my customer).

This is my environment:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

User1 can search the User2 but the IM address shows as [email protected] (because of the domain of user1).

If the user1 manually insert the contact of user2 with IM address as [email protected], they can see, chat and call each other.

So, here are my questions:

1 - Is possible to Cisco Jabber client search directly the IM address as the Directory URI? If yes, how to do that ? (I tried <IMAddress use-default="false"> and <IMAddress prefix="sip:"> msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress or <UseSIPURIToResolveContacts> but does not affect nothing).

2 - Is possible to use a wildcard mask at "Unified Communications IM domains" to all my domain when generating certificate on the Expressway-E? Since all the domains will be a "subdomain". Because if I have to add a new domain at presence, must put here to jabber works external.  

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Guilherme Henri... Tue, 07/01/2014 - 12:32
User Badges:
  • Events Top Contributors,

External, 2014

At IM and Presence 10.5 it is possible to create many domains as you want. On the Presence Menu > Domains.

After that, I suggest you to change the Presence > Settings > Advanced configuration "IM Address Scheme" to Directory URI.

Regards,

abdullah alnahdi Tue, 07/01/2014 - 14:02
User Badges:

Hi Henri

Thank in advanced for you help.This is my first time to install jabber can you help me if i have any issue

astrohmeier Wed, 01/07/2015 - 21:36
User Badges:

Hello Henri,

did you solve the Problem with the wrong IM address?

regards Achim

Actions

This Discussion