Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting client does not open because of certificate

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently installed and configured a Cisco Webex Meetings Server for 50 users and only for internal meetings (there is not an IRP).

Because the client is in the financial sector (bank), user's computers have lots of restrictions to prevent users from installing "undesired and unsecure" software.

Webex Meetings Server client requires the installation of a private certificate (CAcert.pem) that is considered as unsecure. 

Is there anything I can do to install a validate certificate into the webex server? according to the administration guide I see that I could install a signed certificate but I understand this would be a new certificate the bank should generate, I mean, not an existing one.

They mentioned they already have some certificates they use on the computers so they would like us to upload one of those. I'm pretty sure this won't work and they would need to create a new one and upload that one.

Does anybody know?

Regards,

Daniel G.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

If the customer has Wildcard SSL cert installed on their network for *.domain.com (where domain.com is the bank's domain), and if your CWMS VM IP/FQDN, Admin Site URL and WebEx Site URL all belong to this same domain, you can use the Wildcard SSL cert and the corresponding private key provided by the bank to install it on CWMS.

If the bank doesn't use Wildcard SSL cert, they will either need to generate CSR on CWMS and obtain the appropriate SSL cert signed by public CA, or to make things work with the self-signed SSL certs auto-generated on CWMS, the bank will have to insure those self-signed SSL certs are distributed to the end user community and added to the trust zone in their web browsers. 

I hope this will help you in resolving your issue.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

If the customer has Wildcard SSL cert installed on their network for *.domain.com (where domain.com is the bank's domain), and if your CWMS VM IP/FQDN, Admin Site URL and WebEx Site URL all belong to this same domain, you can use the Wildcard SSL cert and the corresponding private key provided by the bank to install it on CWMS.

If the bank doesn't use Wildcard SSL cert, they will either need to generate CSR on CWMS and obtain the appropriate SSL cert signed by public CA, or to make things work with the self-signed SSL certs auto-generated on CWMS, the bank will have to insure those self-signed SSL certs are distributed to the end user community and added to the trust zone in their web browsers. 

I hope this will help you in resolving your issue.

-Dejan