cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attempting to use HTTP probe

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently using the TCP probe for a load balanced app, however will need to change it to HTTP. The back-end servers are Window based and are running IIS. There's an app team, another team that supports IIS and another team that support the servers. Once we've configured the HTTP probe on the ACE, including the request method and the url, which of the above team would we need to reach out to coordinate the url path and the expected status code from the server?

Thanks.

_ Greg...  

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

I guess you should check this with your server team. May drop an email to both the teams. Having said that you can take a pcap on client and see what the server responses and what the client sent and configure accordingly on ACE.  That's also the troubleshooting in case probe is not working.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Thanks Kanwal. I was just curious which team would the load balancer team be typically dealing with as in my case, it has become a hot potatoe syndrom and none of the teams is willing to own up to this task and pointing fingers to the others. It would seem to me the app team be most likely the one as the server team be just supporting the servers and the IIS team be managing the IIS.

Thanks again.

_ Greg

Hi Greg,

I think it should be the application team who manages that application should be the one responsible but then they are also known as server team:) Anyways good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: