Mopria print service and cisco mDNS

Unanswered Question
Jul 11th, 2014
User Badges:

Hello,

I have a customer who is trying to do printer discovery via an Android Nexus 5 running  the Mopria print service to a Mopria enabled printer and it is not showng up. The wireless he is on  is a AP2602i on a WiSM2 running 7.4.121 with mDNS enabled and multicast disabled. The Bonjour/Airprint service works fine, Ipads, Iphones, etc. can discover the Airprint enabled printers.

The strange part of this is that at another different  site on a AP1131 and WiSM running 7.0.250 and Multicast enabled it the Mopria discovery works. I have read that the Cisco mDNS on the controllers does NOT support third party apps so I turned ON multicast on the WiSM2 but that did not solve the issue. Do I need to make a mDNS service set in the controller maybe? Anyone know the service string?

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Sat, 07/12/2014 - 17:52
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

The best way to figure out the service string is to use a bonjour discover app.  You can get one for Windows, Mac and IOS devices.  You would connect to that particular device and you will be able to see the service string and be able to add that.  If the Android and the Mopria print service is on the same vlan, then, maybe its something else that needs to be looked at.  Can other devices discover that printer and is the issue only with a certain type of device?

http://www.tildesoft.com/

Scott

Actions

This Discussion