Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC 4402 with FreeRaduis

Unanswered Question
Jul 11th, 2014
User Badges:

I have problem with my wlc 4402 (version 6.0.199.4) . i use freeradius version 2.1.12 for authentication users .unfortunately client can"t connected  so can any one give me  exemple of configuration EAP-tls in controller 

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Amjad Abdullah Sun, 07/13/2014 - 03:25
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Is this a new installation? or old one?

There is nothing to do on WLC except adding the radius server correctly with the right key and enable the WLAN to use that AAA server. If you do this then your problem is between the client and the AAA server and you may consider the WLC transparent.

You better check the logs on your server (and possibly the client) to see what messages you get about the failure reason.

Regards,

Amjad

Scott Fella Sun, 07/13/2014 - 08:26
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

I agree with Amjad... the WLC configuration for EAP-TLS is the same for any 802.1x.... you need to just check 802.1x in the encryption tab.  You need to look at the radius logs to make sure the radius request are indeed hitting the radius server and also to see why the client has failed.  You should also post your issue on their forum if there is one, so they can review your setup.  Verify that the radius is configured in the WLC and the secure secret is correct and matches what you have defined for the AAA client in FreeRadius.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode