We have planned to upgrade the meetingplace from 8.5.4 to 8.6 . In our setup only one node application server with express media.
What are things should taken to the consideration. In addition to that i have some of the queries.
1) New license file should be upload for 8.6 or existing 8.5.4 license is sufficient ?
2) What is the procedure to rollback ?
3) New Conference Manager has to be installed for 8.6 ?
Thanks in Advance...
To upgrade from 8.5.4 to 8.6, you have to follow this upgrade order:
1. 8.5.4 to 8.5.5 (MR3)
2. 8.5.5 to 8.6
The rest, is a standard upgrade process. Make sure your DNS server can resolve MP App server's hostname and IP address and that you have enough disk space for the upgrade.
As for your questions:
1. No change in licenses. Your existing installed licenses are staying intact and there is noting you need to do on MP8.6 in regards to the licenses.
2. When you are doing Maintenance Release upgrades, there is no roll-back procedures.
You have to ensure you take a full backup before you start the upgrade (and archive it off the box just in case), and ensure you have a base 188.8.131.52 installation DVD and 8.5.4 upgrade file (and any hotfix if you already installed any on your system).
If an upgrade to a major maintenance release fails and corrupts the system, you will have to rebuild the system to the exact version you were on before you started the upgrade, and then restore from backup that you took right before the upgrade attempt.
As a best practice, take a backup before upgrading from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5. If that upgrade is successful, take another backup before 8.5.5 to 8.6 upgrade. That way, if something fails there, you don't have to go back to 8.5.4 version, but you can go to 8.5.5 and restore from that second backup.
3. 8.6 does introduce the new Conference Manager, so it would be recommended to use the new one with your upgraded system.
I hope this information will be of help.