Replies

SSL VPN on a Cisco Router - AnyConnect config: How to Limit Concurrent logins

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everyone,

Pretty much what the title says.
I wan to limit concurrent logins.

Currently, one username can be used by many to login, but I dont want it that way.

Is it possible to set that once the username is used and currently connected. It cannot be used to login. Much like the 'max-logins' in the old reliable VPN Client

Is there a way to limit it in SSL-VPN(AnyConnect)

INFO ON MY CONFIG:
1. Using local username/password
    -will pretty soon link my AD as my AAA Server

6 Replies 6

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is an internal enhancement request open for this. AFAIU it's not fulfilled - CSCuj25736.

Also please be aware that LDAP is not supported method for AAA in webvpn on IOS, or at least it was until recently. 

edit: re last one:

Unsupported features:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_conn_sslvpn/configuration/15-mt/sec-conn-sslvpn-15-mt-book/sec-conn-sslvpn-ssl-vpn.html#GUID-E83B5B7E-8905-4261-9145-51640F12DED9

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Support

Hey Marcin,

Just tested it out in our network -- itegrating our LDAP Server and it works :)
Just created an ldap server config in router, add it to a group and apply it to the aaa authentication list

The notes are not saying it will not work, but it's still not supported, unless that note was removed from a newer release (which I have not seen). 

You maybe able to get it to work, but it's most likely something which is not tested internally. 

Thanks Marcin! :D

Thanks for the Heads up Marcin,

Ill try to confirm if AD can be used in AAA
might as well try it in my lab as well :D

Hi,

Am using Cisco RV345 routre and i have configured SSL VPN. Can I restrict concurrent user login ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: