cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5 - IP Phone Agent (IPPA) & Finesse

jonwoloshyn
Level 4
Level 4

I see that running CAD or Finesse is mutually exclusive i.e. one or the other but I can't find anything about IP Phone agent.

My question is, if I enable and run Finesse will IP Phone agent still work and be supported?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid it won't.

There was a presentation about this during Cisco Live (aka Networkers) but I cannot find the slides right now. I know I heard it because I even posted it on Twitter. They said it was planned to build in IPPA into Finesse but there was no date.

G.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid it won't.

There was a presentation about this during Cisco Live (aka Networkers) but I cannot find the slides right now. I know I heard it because I even posted it on Twitter. They said it was planned to build in IPPA into Finesse but there was no date.

G.

Thanks Gergely. I'm going to open a PDI case to get something official and I will report back here.

What did PDI tell you?

I would guess that it's not supported because BIPPA is tied to the CAD services which is the conflict when running Finesse.

Yeah. It's not supported. During a UCCX presentation for CUG (or whatever it's called now), I asked if there will be a Finesse supported replacement and was told there would be but that was all that was offered. TBH, I don't get why they wouldn't have one already. I'm looking at new rollouts and when I explain the life expectancy of CAD, customers are opting right away for Finesse. Then I drop the "you have to have a PC at all times" line and the disappointment sets in. Ah well. 

Does that mean IPPA should work on UCCX 10.6(1) under Mixed Mode and run some agents as Finesse agents and also have IPPA agents that are tied to CAD teams?

Yes, and to add to the overall discussion there will be a Finesse IP Phone Agent in UCCX 11.  At least, according to the 10.6(1) SRND.  Why would the 10.6 SRND mention 11.0 features?  I have no idea.

Cisco Finesse related Enhancements
These are the following Cisco Finesse related enhancements done in Unified CCX 11:
• Improved accessibility.
IP Phone Agent.
• Increased the number of wrap-up codes.
• Enhancements in Call Variable Layout.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.pdf

@Anthony, perhaps to encourage customers to start transitioning away from CAD as that is dead in 11.

The design guide says specifically that IPPA is not supported with Finesse in 10.6.1.

Page 25 of the above link.

I tried it anyway and you get an error when trying to login.

Martin,

Starting UCCX 11, you can use IPPA and that is known as Finesse IPPA now. Refer to below Guide for configuring the same:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/config/guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide_chapter_010110.html#CFIN_TP_F554A61F_00

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hello everyone!

I'm facing following issue: we need to display information about CSQ on the IP Phones. I know that it can be viewed in Finesse. But agents use third-party Web-console that is integrated with Finesse using API, and CSQ can't be seen there. So customer wants to see this exactly on the IP Phone's displays.
CSQs are configured based on the language. Therefore when incoming call comes from ENGLISH branch, agent has no idea which language to use in order to answer that call.
I thought about IP Phone Agent and Finesse, but current version of UCCX (10.6.1) doesn't support it. What about version 11? Can agents see such info like CSQ on their phones?
So, how this issue can be solved?
Thanks.

I just deployed Finesse IPPA in v11 of UCCX for the first time this past weekend.  As far as I could tell, from reading the documentation, and using the feature, there was nothing like CSQ stats built in.  In fact, the wording in the document, almost reads like Cisco doesn't want you using Finesse IPPA as a primary means of Agent management, rather as a backup in case your browser decides not to let you access Finesse.

If you have the skillset on staff, you can leverage the Real Time tables and look at integrating a web page with the Wallboard feature built in to UCCX, which the Agents can access via their desktop browser or/and add it as an IP Phone Service so they can access via their phones.

HI Anthony,

This should also work the same way in v10.6 where it will have Finesse IPPA only or have both CAD & Finesse IPPA?

Thanks!

-JT-

Just so you know, I don't think Finesse IPPA exists in v10.6(1)SU1, but yes, the Wallboard feature will work in v10.6(1)SU1 or v11.0(1) and with Finesse or CAD, as it has nothing to do with which Agent desktop solution you go with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: