cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Scheduler causes wireless interruption

Steve Hebert
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of WAP 321's using running 1.0.4.4.  There are 3 SSID/VLAN networks that are functionally fine - a business use network on vap0, a guest network on vap1, and a third network for employee use during breaks on vap2.  The employee break network (vap2) has an associated schedule and work as expected.

The annoyance is that when the scheduled time for vap2 arrives (either on or off time), it causes a temporary interruption of the other 2 [unscheduled] networks.  It only lasts for less than a minute, but during that time wireless clients on the other vap's are disconnected.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name is Eric Moyers. I am one of the Wireless Subject Matter Experts for Cisco's Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry that you are having this issue with our product.

I have set you particular scenario up several times, but have not seen that issue before. But to be honest, I have not actually been looking for it. I am going to try and set this up in my lab and see if I can recreate it.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered 

You can click my name beside the picture if you need to email me directly

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name is Eric Moyers. I am one of the Wireless Subject Matter Experts for Cisco's Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry that you are having this issue with our product.

I have set you particular scenario up several times, but have not seen that issue before. But to be honest, I have not actually been looking for it. I am going to try and set this up in my lab and see if I can recreate it.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered 

You can click my name beside the picture if you need to email me directly

Hi Eric,

The 2 AP's are in a cluster.  I know this event occurs with the 'near' AP that I am always connected to.

I have not yet gone far enough out in the back area of the facility to confirm that the event also occurs when connected to the 'far' AP

OK, I have now taken the time to test out in the back area an know that I am connected to the 'far' AP and the same event occurs. 

The problem still exists with firmware 1.0.5.3

Will there ever be a resolution or should I start shopping for new access points?

Bug CSCuv95869

For the sake of finishing this off in case anyone finds this topic in the future...

Unfortunately, the official response is that this behavior cannot (and will not) be changed on this platform.  The AP has to reset when the schedule time occurs.  The documentation will be updated in some way to reflect this.

Bump..

Eric, has there been any further research into this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: