cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating VLAN and routing between them on Cisco SG 500-28

bencysam
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me to create VLAN and routing between them on a Cisco SG 500-28 switch. I am running out of IP address. I have 192.168.0.0/24 Ip range now and this is almost completed, I wanted create anther 3 more network and routing between them. How I can achieve this.

1 Reply 1

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

this is pretty easy to achieve having in mind the following:

1. SG500 is set in layer 3 mode

2. there are VLAN interfaces created with IP addresses matching the DHCP server pools/subnets

3. DHCP server on SG500 can be enabled only when DHCP client from default VLAN 1 is disabled

4. DHCP server pools are having option 3 (default gateway) set to be this switch (routing device) for respective VLAN interfaces

5. switch has static default route set to point out your internet gateway

6. the internet gateway has return routes for all the VLAN/subnets it is not aware of

7. internet gateway will do or needs to be set to perform NAT for all other VLAN/subnets it is not aware of

8. would recommend you to ensure that our SG500 has the latest firmware and bootcode before you start testing

Regards,

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X