Views
Helpful
Replies

Board Controller not updated with Host Firmware Package

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

UCS V2.2.1c.

New B200-M3 Blade inserted, and associated with a SP, that references a Host Firmware Package 2.2.1c

Although the HFP has Version 11 for the Board Controller; the Blade however has a Version of 13 ?

Is this a bug, or a feature ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Walter,

What happens is that the downgrade is not supported... if you try yo do it manually through a SSH session, the system will tell you "downgrade is not supported"

Try the commands (for future users, you may know them already wink):

# scope server X/Y (chassis X blade Y)
# scope boardcontroller
# show image (this will list all of the firmware versions)
# activate firmware version.0 force (Select a lower version than the one already running)
# commit-buffer   <<<<< Here you will see that message I mentioned

HTH

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Walter,

What happens is that the downgrade is not supported... if you try yo do it manually through a SSH session, the system will tell you "downgrade is not supported"

Try the commands (for future users, you may know them already wink):

# scope server X/Y (chassis X blade Y)
# scope boardcontroller
# show image (this will list all of the firmware versions)
# activate firmware version.0 force (Select a lower version than the one already running)
# commit-buffer   <<<<< Here you will see that message I mentioned

HTH

-Kenny

Thanks Kenny

The ugly thing is, that if you select the server package 2.2.1c, and then "check compliance", it will flag the server as non compliant !

In summary: can we conclude, that this message is real, but customer will not have any problems.

UCS Upgrade to the latest version for this customer is not possible at this time.

My pleasure Walter... I'd say that if the SP associated properly and the famous "WILL_BOOT_FAULT" did not come up, he can safely ignore the "non-compliant" message but he may need to consider a window for the upgrade to avoid possible unexpected behaviors caused by a mismatch.

If you see something else besides the "non-compliant", let me know... you know where to find me laugh

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card