Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

I have 100 Mbps Fiber Optic Broadband Internet Connection using RJ45. At present using Dlink normal Router. I plan to change ISR

Unanswered Question
Jul 27th, 2014
User Badges:

I have 100 Mbps Fiber Optic Broadband Internet Connection using RJ45.No Static IP or leased Line .  At present using Dlink normal Router. I plan to change Cisco Router. which model is full my requirement. what is ISR Router ( Integrated Services Router. ) Dear Guys, give me your valuable suggestions and support.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Gregory Brunn Sun, 07/27/2014 - 05:43
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hey,

If you are looking to get an integrated service router, I would suggest you take a look at the datasheets at Cisco sites.  If I am quoting out a ISR I always take into considering features that will be used on the router.  

For instance if you want to use the router as a voicegateway you need a UC license, If you want to do IP SLA you need a data license, the list goes on and on.  Without know exactly what you plan on doing with the router it is hard to say.

Also since you say you are replacing out a Dlink router, is the Dlink router providing you 802.11? If so you will need hwic modules for the router.  

I would suggest you try to talk with a Cisco AM or a Cisco partner to better address your needs and to ensure you get the correct features licensed.

mohdnazeem Tue, 07/29/2014 - 21:32
User Badges:

Thank you very much for your reply . I am using Dlink Router with 802.11. but i dont want to use the same in Cisco ISR  Router. i am looking for Cisco Router ISR to replace the old one. I dont want to use any Voice gateway models and IP and VPN SLA levels of services. thanks in advance.

Leo Laohoo Wed, 08/27/2014 - 03:07
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

100 Mbps?  You need to be looking at either a 3945 or a 3925E.  

Actions

This Discussion