Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP ERROR ASA CISCO

Hi Am getting below error while am try to copy image from ftp server.

aaaaaa# copy flash:flash:/asa821-k8.bin ftp

Source filename [/flash:/asa821-k8.bin]? asa821-k8.bin

Address or name of remote host []? xxxxxx

Destination filename [asa821-k8.bin]?

Writing file ftp://xxxxxx/asa821-k8.bin...

%Error writing ftp://1xxxxxx/asa821-k8.bin ()

6 Replies 6

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vasanth,

Try like this...

ASA#copy flash: ftp:

Source filename []? asa821-kb.bin

Address or name of remote host []? xxxxxx

Destination filename [asa821-k8.bin]?

Make sure that you are able to ping the FTP server from ASA and FTP Server to ASA.... if needed you may need to allow the ACL to do with the FTP transfer......

enable ftp in asa

conf t# ftp mode passive to make asa to respond for ftp traffic.....

also look at the logs in ftp server app

Regards

Karthik

Hi Karthik am able to ping the server and also i have enabled passive mode but one thing the server is Linux machine ...

But still am getting same respond

Hi Vasanth,

When you initiate ftp from ASA, do you see any hit count in FTP Server application logs or something?

As an alternate option you can try with tftp to do with.... similar commands you can use...

Regards

Karthik

thats am surprising am not getting any logs in firewall the connectivity as follows there is one management switch connected with with firewall same switch connected with server also.

and is there is no option for tftp in linux i hope only we can do ssh that setup is in my remote location .

Hi Vasanth,

I believe we can do tftp in linux.... can you check on that?

to which IP you are trying to do ftp on asa? is it an inside IP? can you allow udp any any on outbound acl and check if you see any hits.....

also do you have inspect ftp enabled in asa service policy???

Regards

Karthik

Hi I got solution there is some thing mis configured with FTP server post rectified i am able to transfer the files.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: