TTS Server and testing a prompt for text

Answered Question
Jul 30th, 2014
User Badges:

I've wrote some script that stores text to speech in a prompt and calls and plays that prompt.  Anyway of checking to see if the prompt actually contains something before I make the call?  Like using an If statement  prmtMessage > ?    I saw in Java were they were using prmtMessage.size > 1000 , but the I don't see this as being valid in the ccx editor.  Thanks, in advance for any help.

I thought the solution would work that was offered, but I would always get back 0.0 as the seconds from the tts prompt. Even though I could play it and hear 9 or 10 seconds.
Correct Answer by Samuel Womack about 3 years 2 weeks ago

You could try a "method" Gergely wrote up HERE.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Samuel Womack Wed, 07/30/2014 - 14:49
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You could try a "method" Gergely wrote up HERE.

Bill Brown Mon, 08/04/2014 - 12:57
User Badges:

Unfortunately this works for wav files already on my system, but not for TTS generated prompts.  It always gives me back 0.0.  Never the error.  I need to be able to tell if a prompt generated by text to speech is empty.  I'd like to do this before I do the outbound calling.  Surely not everyone blindly trusts the TTS server to always hand back a sound file.  To me, if the TTS server goes down or just runs out of licenses or something I don't want to call and play my directions and then play a blank piece.  I tried the nanosecond thing also, thinking it would take longer to actually make a sound clip, but just got random amounts of time, depending on how busy IPCC was.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content