Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR LIGHT ON 3000MXP CODEC

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

ALCON,

Can anyone tell me why I am receiving a red and/or amber light on the front of the 3000MXP codec????  I have one that keeps getting the error on the front of the codec.  I swapped out a known good codec and now I am seeing it there ????

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Replace the power supply as this is normally an indication that the PSU is faulty.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Replace the power supply as this is normally an indication that the PSU is faulty.

/jens

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couldn't find an specific document that covers the led indicators on the front panel.  However, you can check the diagnostics warnings from the control panel menu, if there is an error that is affecting the operation of the codec, it could show up there.  Here is the MXP admin guide, pg 89 covers the start of the diagnostic pages.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How do you have it connected?  Via Ethernet, or ISDN.  My guess is that the error light is indicating one or the other is enable in the software but is not connected.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.