Views
Helpful
Replies

webex (CWMS) sizing

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a requirement from customer to deploy CWMS for 1500 concurrent users. Because of server limitation, i'm planning to deploy 6 CWMS size 250 user (6 x 250) rather than deploy 1 CWMS size 2000 user. Is that possible? How to combine 6 CWMS into 1 entity and to add HA to that deployment?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You cannot have 6x CWMS 250 user system act as a single system. As Richard mentioned, if you need a system with 1500 concurrent active callers, you should opt for 2000 user system. Additionally, like Richard mentioned, on a regular 2000 user system, you can have maximum of 100 callers in a single meeting. However, if you add High Availability, CWMS 2.0 supports up to 250 users per single meeting. 

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have not seen any documentation on clustering CWMS so i'm not sure if that this is possible. You say you need 1500 concurrent users, the 2000 user system will support that, however it only supports upto 100 participants per meeting (same as 250 and 800 users system sizes) and if you deploy 6 x 250users you will still have this same limitation but with 6x the management overhead and 6x as complicated for users to dial in.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_planningGuide/b_planningGuide_chapter_0100.html 

Regards,

Richard

Hi richardsimmons,

If i use 1x webex system size 2000, it will require higher hardware specification (more vcpu, vmemory). So i'm looking for a way to cluster smaller WebEx, just like CUCM.

Thanks.

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You cannot have 6x CWMS 250 user system act as a single system. As Richard mentioned, if you need a system with 1500 concurrent active callers, you should opt for 2000 user system. Additionally, like Richard mentioned, on a regular 2000 user system, you can have maximum of 100 callers in a single meeting. However, if you add High Availability, CWMS 2.0 supports up to 250 users per single meeting. 

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: