Views
Helpful
Replies

rv320 connection drop with single WAN

ypwong002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco support team and all,

I have a problem using the Cisco RV320 to replace a consumer router for simple internet sharing usage in my company.

The problem is after all set the router work just fine on internet. After a day or two, the internet connection is lost. Intranet works fine, I can ping the computers in intranet and ping the RV320 internal IP. ping outside world is failed.

Our ISP provide a cable modem and a router linksys WRT54GS. The ISP provide 5 fixed IP, and I just use the RV320 to get one of the IP (static IP setting) for internet sharing.

Firmware is the most updated 1.1.1.06

Only 1 WAN is connected. I set to smart link backup mode.

In WAN 1 interface setting, it is a static IP setting, I tried to enable or disable "Enable Network service detection" but both get the same problem. When enabled I tried to check more options like ping 8.8.8.8 or google.com. 

In WAN 2 I have disabled the "Network service detection". I also have disabled the WAN 2 service in "Port Management"

I was frustrated as I assume this is just a drop in replacement with the previous consumer router. Please help or anybody experience the same issue?

Thanks,

YP

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: