Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE - ICM Syslog feed information

Hello,

I'am trying to use syslog to feed the UCCE component process logs like rtr,lgr,ctios,ctisvr,pim,pgag to the external server. 

Will it be the possible scenario to configure ?

Thanks,

JP

4 Replies 4

JP,

Yes, you can do syslog monitoring from UCCE. It's done using a tool called CW2KFeed. Information on this is in the "Serviceability Best Practices Guide".

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/products-installation-guides-list.html

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson - Thanks for the inputs.

I've gone thru the serviceability guide and i understand that we would be able pass the events into the external server using CSFS process (by configuring syslog destinations) and looks like only the Loggers may generate syslog events.

How about the other component logs Peripheral Gateway, CTI , AW-HDS ?

and I've seen a statement "Syslog is not supported on any Unified CCE nodes other than the Loggers."

If syslog is not supported in other components, will there be any option to pass logs from the source to the external server ?

Thanks again.

JP

JP,

The serviceability guide goes over this - all syslog data for the other servers will go through the Loggers. They're delivered to the Logger via MDS. Read the "SNMP Overview" section in the serviceability guide.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson ! it helps :)

I've spend some time in the last week and i was able to complete syslog configurations in all ICM components.

From the serviablity guide, i was able to locate the ICM syslog messages with its description.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise10_0_1/configuration/UCCE_BK_SCB58691_00_serviceability-best-practices-guide/UCCE_BK_SCB58691_00_serviceability-best-practices-guide_appendix_01011.html

My requiremet is to setup a monitoring application to monitor ICM components by referring the syslog messages.

Is there chance that we can get realtime informations like "RouterCallsinProgress", "RouterActiveSide", "PG Calls in Progress" thru syslog ?

I understand that these information can be fetched thru OID's using SNMP in the environment.However am looking to know if this can be extracted / forwarded thru syslog.

Apprciate all your inputs.

Thanks,

JP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: