cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit Informacast broadcast to Speaker phone

Antony Pasteris
Level 1
Level 1

I have InformaCast (v.9.0.1) and cucm v.10 running on my environment but  when I make a broadcast to an active phone , the broadcast is sent to the headset.  Is there a way or  hack to have all InformaCast audio broadcasts' played only on the speaker phone and never on the headset ?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi - I am familiar with the SingleWire IC version - so you may be running the Cisco supplied version?  The broadcast is meant to be an alert and if the user is on a call, streams thru the earpiece so the user can still hear emergency notification for example but not the other person on the phone.   Check to see if there is an option to skip active phones in your version if that is appropriate for this message type.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi - I am familiar with the SingleWire IC version - so you may be running the Cisco supplied version?  The broadcast is meant to be an alert and if the user is on a call, streams thru the earpiece so the user can still hear emergency notification for example but not the other person on the phone.   Check to see if there is an option to skip active phones in your version if that is appropriate for this message type.

Regards, Ginger

"skip phones in use" is exactly that...if the phone isn't in use, it'll go to the phone. I can verify that checking "skip phones in use" doesn't solve the issue. The page still went to my headset.

Using CUCM 12.5 & InformaCast Advanced 14.15

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

While this is an old post and marked "solved" the solution doesn't actually address the issue. 

Many of our users have a headset plugged into the headset port of 8811 and 8851 phones.  The headset is wireless from the base to the earpiece and it's not a Cisco branded headset.  If the last call was on the headset, the multicast alert to the phone displays the message but plays out over the headset, which is inactive, seated on the base.  If the last call was on the handset, the message is displayed on the phone and the message plays out over the headset.

We need to make sure if the phone is inactive, the message plays out over the speaker.  Using the setting to skip active phones does not solve this issue as the phone is in the idle state. Is there a solution to this yet that will force the announcement to go out over the speaker?  This would be regardless of the active/inactive listening device on the phone.

We're on CUCM 12.5 and Informacast Fusion 14.20.2.

Response Signature