cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Establishing a connection with Message Queue in CPO

Anish Somadevan
Level 1
Level 1

Am in need of establishing a connection with an MQ to send and receive data. Can anyone please let me know how to implement this in CPO.

Regards,

Anish

9 Replies 9

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of message queue? You mean like AMQP ?

You can create a target for an AMQP broker. You need the host name, port, virtual host, and a run time user for it.

If this is not what you mean, please explain your use case/what you are trying to do further.

--shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Yes Shaun, AMQP. Can you please provide me any documents or related stuff about it?

Regards,

Anish

General whitepaper on integrations: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/datacenter_mgmt/Process_Orchestrator/3-0/Integration_Automation/CPO_3-0_Integrations_and_Automation_Packs.pdf

Users guide for CPO 3.0: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/datacenter_mgmt/Process_Orchestrator/3-0/Reference_Docs/Reference_Guide/RefGuide.pdf

If you create a target for it (in targets, right click->new->AMQP Broker) and go to the connection screen of the wizard, then click the help flyout you'll get direct help on the fields. Something like the below SS.

After that we have built in activities to Bind AMQP Queue, Declare AMQP Exchange, Declare AMQP Queue, Delete AMQP Queue, Get AMQP Message, Publish AMQP message, Purge AMQP queue, Unbind AMQP Queue

I have not personally worked with it, so I do not have anything from that to pull from. After making the connection you should be able to work with it pretty straightforward. Do you have any particular questions or issues with making the connection or related?

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your guidance. I followed the steps given in the Help option. Am currently getting a error as shown in the screenshot.

I have given the IP address of MQ in Host, Port as 5672, and "/IP address" in Virtual Hosts as i dont have any virtual hosts in MQ. I have configured a Runtime user with proper credentials. Also SSL and Ignore certificate error are checked.

Please let me know how to get around this.

Regards,

Anish

Hi,

I'm not quite sure as I've never played with this target type live before. I would suggest opening a TAC case and maybe engaging engineering through those means.

I never used this target type so while I see what the error says to you , I'm not 100% sure what it actually means or the direct solution to solve it (on the CPO or your message broker end)

--Shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,

Am able to make an AMQP Target now (Network issue caused the earlier issue). When i check the available activities in the CPO, there are a lot like, Bind, Declare, Purge etc.. To begin with Bind Queue, what does the attributes "Exchange Name" , "Routing key" mean? What values should be given for these fields. Can you please provide any document for the same?

Regards,

Anish

If you enable the fly out help with F1 there are some details there. A basic understanding of AMQP and the environment you are connecting to is expected, so I suggest looking here if you are using RabbitMQ https://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html

Zongyong Zheng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Anish

The error was returned from the AMQP RabbitMQ server. The error message box covers your AMQP broker target configuration.  I can not see what they are.  However, from your post, it seems that the virtual host in your target doesn't exist. The default virtual host is "/".  In addition, 5672, by default is RabbitMQ non-SSL port, although your admin still can make SSL connection running on that port. The default SSL port for RabbitMQ is 5671. Please checking with the admin who set up the RabbitMQ server and make your target configuration is correct.  Meanwhile, please refer to http://www.rabbitmq.com/documentation.html for more RabbitMQ documents.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Am able to make an AMQP Target now (Network issue caused the earlier issue). When i check the available activities in the CPO, there are a lot like, Bind, Declare, Purge etc.. To begin with Bind Queue, what does the attributes "Exchange Name" , "Routing key" mean? What values should be given for these fields. Can you please provide any document for the same?

Regards,

Anish