Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cannot Manage WLC 8510 Wirelessly

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2014
User Badges:

We have an issue with wireless management on all the 8510s we have deployed in our enterprise (8 total)

When connected as a wireless client to a controller, we cannot manage that controller. We can, however, manage it if connected to another wireless controller in another region. I've duplicated this at several of our regions, with the same results. I attached a simple diagram to try and help visualize the problem

"Management via wireless" is checked on every controller. All controllers running 7.3.112.0. I haven't found any bugs on it, but that's what it's sounding like to me, unless I'm missing something?

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Abhishek Abhishek Wed, 02/04/2015 - 19:28
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

As the controller is able to manage in another region and not in one region. I can say that it must be an issue of the network bandwidth or some firewall, ASA blocking some ports. Please make sure that the bandwidth between the WLC and AP is appropriate.

rlacy Thu, 02/05/2015 - 03:34
User Badges:

Firewalls and bandwidth actually have nothing to do with it. I can be connected to an AP that's right beside the controller and not be able to manage the controller wirelessly.

We've upgraded to 7.6 and the problem seems to have gone away. I would say it's some sort of bug in 7.3

Actions

This Discussion