cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove the inaccesible rackmount servers from UCS Manager?

The rackmounts are already powered off and removed from rack without decommisionning from UCS manager. Now the stale rackmount server is showing in UCS Manager. How to delete/decommision the rackmount now?

5 Replies 5

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How were these servers integrated? Via FEXes or direct attach?

do still have other servers integrated with UCS? If you do what model were these?

what model were the servers that were removed without being properly decommissioned?

The rackmounts were attached via FEX and c220M3 is the server model. As of now, only B-series are in the inventory and no rackmounts. When I look in the lab, there were no FEX's and rackmounts were cabled and they were powred off. So, I want to get rid of the inaccessible rackmounts from the UCS Manager.

Are they planned to be moved back into the same environment? When decomissioning, the hope is that the server will be later recomissioned and we will see it hold onto it's ID value among other things.

If the plan was to remove the chassis permanently, we will want to use the "remove chassis" option to clear out any lingering information on that server.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0100010.html#concept_2A18D71936E54B39B2D7FCAC1A5C71A1

You will want to follow that guide, specifically "removing a chassis" to clear out that data if we do not plan on bringing it back in to the environment.

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How were these servers integrated? Via FEXes or direct attach?

do still have other servers integrated with UCS? If you do what model were these?

what model were the servers that were removed without being properly decommissioned?

I have the same issue...  I can not remove a rack mount server that was disconnected from the environment.  It was connected VIA a Fex, the FEX is not showing up, but the rack mount C230 is still present (and of course all the errors).   It is difficult for me to believe that there is not some sort of "force" option when the UCS can not longer "talk" to the unit.   Not FEXs are currently present in the environment.  The server can not be reconnected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card