cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cobras import error Error=Timed out waiting for DB lock to free and unable to fetch mailbox details for user in RestoreMailbox on VoiceMessages.cs,

David Keogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Just wondering if anyone has had these errors before from a cobras import, 

[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:16], (error) unable to fetch mailbox details for user in RestoreMailbox on VoiceMessages.cs:99bd3ae9-d32b-483b-bce8-ac675e62aea5
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:36], (error) Could not get lock for database access in FillDataTableBlocking
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:36], (error) in GetMailboxInfoForUser on VoiceMessages.cs fetching data:Query= 
 Error=Timed out waiting for DB lock to free
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:36], (error) unable to fetch mailbox details for user in RestoreMailbox on VoiceMessages.cs:270e1c0f-9991-4026-ab25-587701313f8d
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:56], (error) Could not get lock for database access in FillDataTableBlocking
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:57], (error) in GetMailboxInfoForUser on VoiceMessages.cs fetching data:Query= 
 Error=Timed out waiting for DB lock to free
[Thread 015], [14/08/15 12:24:57], (error) unable to fetch mailbox details for user in RestoreMailbox on VoiceMessages.cs:e929578d-54d3-40b6-98c7-36a67e032eb4

It appears to get stuck on one call handler greeting, I have confirmed CUC accessibilty is still active and the database proxy services are still running.

Any info on the above errors would me much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of COBRAS Import are you running?  If you're not at 8.0.57 go out and grab that:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

the lock issue comes up when Informix gets cranky about table locking (happens each time you ask for a new row - for greeting/voice name uploads this happens for each recording added - a new row in the streams table is added to store it) - I added additional timeout and monitor clearing logic in 57 that handles a few scenarios here - another site had a similiar error it and cleared it for them.

if you are running into this on build 57 ping me off list and see about getting me your backup (without messages) I can do a test restore against here with if possible.  lindborg at cisco dot com.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of COBRAS Import are you running?  If you're not at 8.0.57 go out and grab that:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

the lock issue comes up when Informix gets cranky about table locking (happens each time you ask for a new row - for greeting/voice name uploads this happens for each recording added - a new row in the streams table is added to store it) - I added additional timeout and monitor clearing logic in 57 that handles a few scenarios here - another site had a similiar error it and cleared it for them.

if you are running into this on build 57 ping me off list and see about getting me your backup (without messages) I can do a test restore against here with if possible.  lindborg at cisco dot com.

Thanks lindborg 

Would have got back to you sooner, yes I was using 8.0.57, I ran it again twice then I realized i was working on a remote machine over a VPN that seemed to cause issues, I stopped that and used a local machine which worked normally.  

59 has the same code 57 does - all my tools are "Forward only" in that respect (i.e. I don't "branch" tools and do separate code base changes on different lines).  The same additional checks, timeouts and lock clearing.  To be clear it's the ODBC driver from IBM that's throwing the error - my timeouts and clearing mechanisms are merely a way to try and mitigate that behavior on record locking (Informix has some maddening behavior in that respect).  The VPN issue seems to cause the driver more difficulty than it should, it's not about ping times it doesn't appear - just so you know.

HI Lindborg 

I know this question is answered but i was wondering if you had a moment if you could look at my other question re. exporting with cobras. Value your input!!!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12307486/unity-7-data-export-unity-9-using-cobras-tool-fails-unable-download-test-wav

Hello,

I am experiencing identical issues running 8.0.59; and I cannot locate 8.0.57.  Moreover, my ICMP response times to the CUC server do not exceed 1ms; therefore closing the airgap is not an option.

Please advise.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: