cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX200 G2 Won't Add to TMS

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

We just received our first MX200 g2 and when I tried to add the device under the systems on TMS 13.1.2 I get "Update Field failed on: EndPoint_VolumeLevle: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String".  No clue on what is happening.  If I click on finish adding systems it won't add the endpoint.  The MX is running TC 7.1.1 and seems to be registering with our VCS fine.  Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you've previously added it unsuccessfully - perhaps there's something still in the Database for that device.  I'd suggest that you try removing / purging anything that's there that might be related to that device (in TMS, go to Systems > Purge Systems and select and purge anything that might be related to the device you're having an issue with).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

See page 67 of the TMS 14.4 release notes for Endpoint support additions as this may be what you are hitting:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco-TMS-release-notes-14-4.pdf

-Jonathan

You would think I can still add it.  I had no problem with the new SX10. 

Did you try clicking the add system despite errors button?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I only have "finish adding or add more systems" as an option.

If you've previously added it unsuccessfully - perhaps there's something still in the Database for that device.  I'd suggest that you try removing / purging anything that's there that might be related to that device (in TMS, go to Systems > Purge Systems and select and purge anything that might be related to the device you're having an issue with).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

See above, that is basically what I did.  There was still some odd message after it was added, but the location has the device powered off so I can't view it right now.

tdederscheck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

I purged the device from the database and tried to add it again.  This time it worked!  I had an error still for the volume level after adding it, but atleast now it is on TMS and in the correct locatiion folder.

I've purged all failed attempts and am still having the same problem.  I am on TMS 13.0 though. Anyone else still having seeing this issue?

TMS 13.0 is probably your issue.  That's a very old version (2011) and pre-dates the MX G2s (2014).

I'd strongly suggest you investigate upgrading your TMS version.  The current release is TMS 14.6.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate your responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

The second gen G2 devices were not supported with TMS 13.x. You need to upgrade your TMS to version 14.4 to get the MX series G2 support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: