Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple LDAP on one BE6K

Surendra Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i know that I have redundant LDAP servers configured in CUCM. however, my situation is a bit different though.

here goes... i have one BE6K and i am using it for a single organization, but the organization is split into to parts that has totally separate Active Directory and the customer requrest that i integrate both of them on the single BE6K.

is this possible?

thanks,

Surendra

8 Replies 8

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

You can have multiple directories pointing at multiple AD's, but the problem is authentication.

If you have authentication local, then you can pull your users from different AD's and CM will do authentication.

If you want authentication also from AD, you need something like a global AD catalog. I have no idea what that is, nor do I know what are the AD requirements to make that work.

Jan

I have a government client with two independently managed Active Directories. Each organizational unit needs directory and authentication services to their own AD, but wants to see the directory info for the other UC cluster. Sounds like we simply need to add the other AD info for each UC cluster's directory, right?

Are they in the same forest??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Entirely separate domains. They only want to see the directories (users/phone numbers) of the other's domain.

Then you need to follow the link I posted, or to use a custom directory script.

HTH

java

Jaime,

I'm not clear on this, can you be more specific? The link you provided speaks of authentication. I only need directories so users on cluster A can see the telephone numbers of users on cluster b.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-80/111979-ucm-multi-forest-00.html

HTH

java

thnks Jaime,

this seems very helpful. will let you know if its works out for me.

Surendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: