Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision HD USB Camera not working!

juanduar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Guys,

I update my precision HD USB camera on my Mac. However, after the update the led never came back to a solid green state. Now I always get an amber color.

I tried everything:

- Connecting the camera to a Windows Laptop.

- Trying to update the camera through a Windows Laptop.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles_doc/knowledge-base-articles-precisionhd-usb-camera.pdf

- Nothing seems to work to get it back.

Any advise?

Cheers,

Juan

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The guide you linked says that the firmware upgrade isn't supported on a Mac (Item 491) and that you need to use a Windows device.

I'd suggest trying on another laptop/pc if you have one, and preferably one that is known to work with another Precision HD camera (to rule out any other incompatibility issues).

Failing that, you'd could try to RMA your camera.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Version CC1.4.0 only supports firmware updates using Windows, while CC1.4.1 and CC1.5.0 supports firmware updates using Windows, MAC, and Linux.

PrecisionHD USB Camera download

Hi Patrick,

I hope you are still active.

Sadly the download pages for this hw have been taken off the website. Is there a a way to get the firmware files now?

best regards,

max