Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Communicator Service Issue

Jaiel Charette
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just finish installing CUCM v10.5 and I registered 2 Ip communicator client. They are register and I'm able to call from one to the other but the screen is stuck to "Select Service..." when I press Exit it bring me back to the same screen. It's kind of annoying, if anybody could help me with that it would be very appreciated.

I have attached an image with the screen I'm stuck on.

Thanks!

18 Replies 18

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Thats because you havent subscribed to any service. Go to the phone in UCM, on the top right corner, there is a related links section, click the drop down and select subscriber/unsubscribe services.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

I tried addind the "Intercoms Call" service, since it was the only one available in the list, but I'm still stuck on the service screen.

DId you save/reset the phone from CUCM after making the change?

Yes I did. When I select the Service Button on the IP Communicator it shows No Services Configured.

I have attached 2 images.

Try configuring Extension mobility and see if that works. I am not sure about Intercom. Also, what services do you have turned on in CUCM?

I have configured Extension mobility service but it didn't solve the problem. 

Service Activated

-CallManager

-IP Voice Media Streaming App

-Extension Mobiltity

-TFTP

-SOAP - CDRonDemand

-AXL Web Service

What URL did you use for Extension mobility? Can you post the URL here? What happens if you post that URL into a web browser on your PC?

http://192.168.0.18:8080/emapp/ EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

I get a " HTTP Status 404 - /emapp/%20EMAppServlet "

type: Status report

description: The requested resource is not available.

There is space after /emapp/. Is that how its configured in CUCM as well, please remove the space if it is. 

There was a space and I removed it but my phone is stuck on requesting.

And when I put the url in the browser I get a blank page.

Hi guys,

Any luck with this problem? I also have it on 10.5 update 2

Tshepo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jaiel

On CUCM, under Enterprise Parameters Configuration, have you changed your Secure/Phone url parameters to reference to your call managers IP address?

Regards

Tshepo

wafikmaher
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is due to the "idle timer" in the phone configuration page which you will probably find it to be set to 1 second. Most probably you didn't set this, but it came from the newly introduced "Universal Device Template", which get applied on auto-registration and some other features. If you want to avoid this problem, modify the parameter on the template, under User Management > User/Phone Add > Universal Device Template.

Regards,

Wafik

That one did the trick. :)

Thank you Wafik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: