Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 - Custom SNMP Template shows results in HEX

Hello Community,

I set up Prime Infrastructure to poll the status of our Riverbed CMC via SNMP. To do this, I imported the Riverbed CMC MIB, created a custom snmp template using this MIB and created a generic ​dashlet to display the results. Everything seems to be OK, beside that PI is displaying the results as a hex strings (see Image below). Is this a Bug or do I miss something?

Kind Regards,

Benjamin

PI Custom SNMP Template displays hex string

6 Replies 6

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

That is normal i guess

Really!? Who is able to interpred hex values like this in an web-gui?

I think this must be a bug or something. If it's not, what would be the use of custom SNMP templates.

Kind Regards,

Benjamin

This discussion has been reposted from Additional Communities to the Cisco Prime Network Services Controller community.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I also made a custom SMNP template using CMC MIB. Made a generic dashlet and the output values returned as HEX.

Kind Regards

Rey

Hello Rey,

unfortunatly not. We ended up avoiding this feature.

Just for the record, what Version of Prime are you using? Prime 3.0 was released recently, maybe they got this working in that release.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

Hej Benjamin,

Thanks for the quick response. We are running Prime 2.2 now, we are preparing to upgrade prime to 3.0 soon. Maybe this function will work on 3.0, we'll wait and see.

Kind Regards,

Rey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: