Views
Helpful
Replies

POE power on LAN switch

dabur10376004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco switch 2960 (WS-C2960+48PST-L) switch. I want to connect 48 ip phones 802.3af standard based.

will it give power to all 48 ip phones through its Poe ports?

3 Replies 3

Hello

No it will not - The max it will support is about half of that 370mw which is about 24 ports

15.4*24= 369

res

paul

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-series-switches/product_bulletin_c25-512173.html

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello

i would like to apologise - I have quoted you on the pm comsumption of Aps not phones!

not sure what I was thinking

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

what phones do you want to connect?

cisco 6921 consumes 6 wat,  

7962 6,3 wat,

3905 3,5 wat

WS-C2960+48PST-L can support power for 48 ip phones 6921 or 7962 or 3905

I am not shure about 78xx series phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card