Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to send faxes thru H.323 gateway

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Recently I have been given the task to troubleshoot this issue where our cisco gateway is unable to send faxes although I am able to receive fine. We are using Righfax to send/receive faxes.

I am not able to figure out what is the issue, I have attached our gateway config. Kindly if anyone can have a look pls let me know what could be the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The configuration looks okay as per the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/15-2MT/vf_15_2MT_book/vf_cfg_t38_fxrly.pdf

The only thing that i can think of is to try changing the 'fax protocol t38 version 0' to 'fax protocol t38 version 3' under dial-peer 110 and test.

If the fax still fails, please capture the debugs as suggested in above doc.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have looked at that file and I even changed t38 version to 3 but it's still the same. I have attached the debug output for debug cch323 all.

I should also add that when dialing the fax number I do get the fax tone, but only for 4-5 secs, and then it goes to fast busy tone.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi

Grab traces from your Right Fax server. I suppose it's a SIP integration ?

Check if the Region codec used between CUCM and your SIP Fax is set to use G711 codec and not a compressed codec.

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Any help on this issue guys, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: