Helpful
Replies

FXO ports on CME using 2821 router

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

I'm setting this up in my lab and I've never done this before.

I have a 2821 which I have several phones registered too. extsions are 5000, 5001, 5002 and 5003.

I have an FXO card which is connected to my analogue line. There is no calling ID on the line as I've not purchansed that from the provider yet. no idea if this will make any difference or not.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to be able to translate the FXO line to one of the extensions such as 5000?

Calling out is no problem. I can call out as I've set up a dial-peer voice 100 pots, have set the port to 0/1/0 and destination pattern is 9T

the only way I've been able to received a call is to allocate connection trunk 5000 to the voice-port but that's not how it should be set up.

If anyone can help or show me a sample config then I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

As you have an FXO (POTS cards & line) you will not receive any
signalling digits from the exchnge (central office) you compensate for this by using PLAR.

If you just want say 5000 to ring then try this:-

You need to select your own country cptone (mine is GB)

!
!
voice-port 0/1/0
desc *** MY FXO PSTN LINE NUMBER 123456 ***
 no comfort-noise
 cptone GB
 connection plar 5000
!

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information.

I've used the connection plar before and I've done it again recently but the problem is that my telephone line doesn't end the call correctly. It will tie the line up.

However without using connection plar and dialing out of the line will result in all being ok. I just cannot dial in as the router doesn't know what to do with it.

I also use cptone GB as I'm also in the UK :)

the only time I've used connection plar other than this would be when I've been setting up CAS circuits for automatic ring-downs for banks. creating a DS0 group, defining the rx and tx bits then setting up a connection plar.

I will give this another go. I probably need to adjust something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: