cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we record the HDMI output from an SX20?

Dereth Tang
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to record a training conducted over a call and wanted to capture the HDMI 1 Output from an SX20.

Is the HDMI output encrypted/encoded to prevent me from doing so?

We are considering either acquiring an Elgato or Hauppauge Game Capture HDMI Passthrough device to do this.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Dereth -

There wouldn't be anything to prevent you to do this, just make sure the recording device will pass both video and audio back to the monitor.

One possible option is you're not using dual displays or the 2nd HDMI output, is using it for your recording device.  When not using the SX20 with dual dispalys, it's a mirror of the 1st output.  One thing to note and I'm not sure as I don't have an SX20 to test, is if the 2nd output send out conference audio like the first.  So you'd have to test this as an option.

View solution in original post

Please note that the local audio will not be present on the HDMI output, so you will only be recording half the conversation - in your example, you won't record the audio of the presenter, only what comes from the remote end.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Dereth -

There wouldn't be anything to prevent you to do this, just make sure the recording device will pass both video and audio back to the monitor.

One possible option is you're not using dual displays or the 2nd HDMI output, is using it for your recording device.  When not using the SX20 with dual dispalys, it's a mirror of the 1st output.  One thing to note and I'm not sure as I don't have an SX20 to test, is if the 2nd output send out conference audio like the first.  So you'd have to test this as an option.

Thank you very much!

I do kinda recall seeing an option to set audio output to a particular HDMI, but that's not really important in this context.

The 2nd display is used as a Powerpoint presentation display during the training but we will be providing the slides to the trainees afterwards, along with the video we recorded.

No problem, just make sure that whatever you choose to use will send the video/audio back as it received it so that there is no alteration of the resolution etc.

Something else to consider is the TelePresence Content Server, it's a recording server that acts like an endpoint that you just connect it into your conference and it will record all conference video, audio, and presentation content.  It can record up to 10 things simultaneously, 2 of those ten can be streamed live.  If you go this route, at least you can use it in any of your video conference rooms without the worry of moving around a recording box and making the connections between the codec and display.

Please note that the local audio will not be present on the HDMI output, so you will only be recording half the conversation - in your example, you won't record the audio of the presenter, only what comes from the remote end.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks and no worries.

We are only concerned with recording the voice of the remote trainer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: