Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC 5760 multiple SSIDs with MAC filtering

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2014
User Badges:

Dear All,

I am implementing a wireless network with 5760 WLCs. The client requires a few SSIDs with MAC-based authentication. So I created different MAC filters using the commands "aaa authorization network MAC_FILTER01 local", "aaa authorization network MAC_FILTER02 local" etc

These filters are bound to different SSIDs using the commands "mac-filtering MAC_FILTER01" "mac-filtering MAC_FILTER02" etc. and users are added to their required MAC filters using the commands "username <mac-address> mac aaa attribute list MAC_FILTER01", "username <mac-address> mac aaa attribute list MAC_FILTER02" etc.

Now I am facing a serious issue - users belonging to any one MAC filter can connect to the all SSIDs. It seems like the MAC addresses added to the controller under different filter names are going to a common database, thereby providing access to users to all SSIDs irrespective of their MAC filter.

Is it a limitation of local database of 5760? Has anyone faced the same issue? How can I implement independent MAC filters bound to different SSIDs?

Thanks,

Arun John

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joseph Vasanth Louis Mon, 09/29/2014 - 20:44
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Arun,

this feature currently does not exist on the  5760. it is due to release in one of the MR's of 3.6

-Joseph

Arun Greig John Wed, 10/01/2014 - 23:05
User Badges:

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the response. Do you have any information about the MR release date?

Thanks,

Arun John

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network