Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

End of Call

Answered Question
Sep 23rd, 2014
User Badges:

This is a real basic script I set up to prove the concept of sending data via HTTP Post for an after call survey.

It works fine but I am hung up trying to get the HTTP Post to go after the call is complete. The script as you see it send the data upon connection to the agent.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Correct Answer by Christian Drefke about 2 years 10 months ago

Hello Dan,

this won't work in just one script cause the script just continues after the call got connected. This is a normal behaviour since the call got handled and there is no need to keep the session up and running.

A solution might be to run a workflow action from your CAD after the call got disconnected, including the variables needed. The target could be a HTTP trigger that leads to a 2nd script that again does what you want. Or you open your HTTP trigger directly from the CAD action.

Christian

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Gergely Szabo Wed, 09/24/2014 - 01:54
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hi,

Create URL Document does not issue a HTTP request, it only creates a reference. You need to use another step doing something with that reference. Cache Document would do.

Also, if I were you, I would probably set "No" to the "Connect" field at the "Select Resource" step, and after the "Selected" label I would insert all the HTTP related stuff and then use the Connect step to actually connect the call.

G.

dannoofWI Wed, 09/24/2014 - 05:37
User Badges:

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for the reply.

Actually the "Set PResult" line after the Create URL Document sends the HTTP Post. What I am hung up on is triggering the HTTP request after the call is finished. Right now the HTTP request is sent when the call is connected. I don't think moving the HTTP stuff before the connect step would fix that.

Dan

Gergely Szabo Wed, 09/24/2014 - 06:24
User Badges:

Hi, let me test something in my lab.

In the meantime, can you please tell me your UCCX's version. Thanks.

G.

Gergely Szabo Thu, 09/25/2014 - 05:08
User Badges:

Hi,

I tried it, no success :-(

G.

dannoofWI Thu, 09/25/2014 - 07:38
User Badges:

Thank you for trying.

Perhaps someone will have an idea.

Dan

Correct Answer
Christian Drefke Thu, 09/25/2014 - 09:02
User Badges:

Hello Dan,

this won't work in just one script cause the script just continues after the call got connected. This is a normal behaviour since the call got handled and there is no need to keep the session up and running.

A solution might be to run a workflow action from your CAD after the call got disconnected, including the variables needed. The target could be a HTTP trigger that leads to a 2nd script that again does what you want. Or you open your HTTP trigger directly from the CAD action.

Christian

dannoofWI Thu, 11/13/2014 - 06:25
User Badges:

I set this up as a Voice Contact Work Flow and for the most part it works great.

Question is - contact center does not want the HTTP Post to trigger if the agent transfers the call. Since the call is already answered I believe the UCCX script is done. Is there a way to stop this trigger if the call is tranferred?

Actions

This Discussion