cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency !! Major Power Failure - Publisher / Subscriber& Connection wont start...

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

We have had a major outage, after power restored Publisher services wont start.

In addition Unity connection has a corrupt database and another subscriber is screwed.

However - first things first - I desperately need to get my publisher live.

I have restarted it many times now -

The GUI doesnt work and at the command line when I type

utils services list -

they are all in [STARTING] -

Uptime is now 2 hours.

Any ideas ?? Hopefully someone is working on a saturday !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

what version of call manager are we talking about here?

for best results...  you may want to get tac involved.

View solution in original post

You should have involved your support team, TAC, or whoever that may be right away if this is an emergency, you cannot possibly expect the level of support required to fix something like this, and under time constrains, on a public forum. TAC is staffed 24x7 for this exact purpose.

Best I could tell you is to try the recovery CDs, or to restore from a backup, if all fails.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

I notice this bug

Services Stuck in Starting after Graceful Shutdown/Restart
CSCuj89245

Solution seems to be ..

Move selinux to permissive (utils os secure permissive)

Restart the server and then after services are up

Move selinux to enforcing (utils os secure enforce)

I'll try that and let you know how it goes  !

Well - that didnt work.

All services in [STARTING]

Any ideas ?

what version of call manager are we talking about here?

for best results...  you may want to get tac involved.

I just had a customer go through similar outage where all 4 subs at failed data center needed to be rebuilt per TAC, fortunately Pub was OK, so this was quick solution, you may need to rebuild the Pub and restore from good backup, but I concur with Java engage TAC as they have root access to analyze the issue.

Chris

Thanks for all the feedback -

I contacted TAC and raised a P1. We lost one publisher and one subscriber - we only had one working subscriber

we went down the road of SUB to PUB recovery.

At the end I downloaded the missing COP files and we were good to go.

The only 'gotcha' seems to be dial-plans - there were causing me a little heart ache and needed to be re-installed. Also MoH - but I didnt have much of that to begin with.

Apparently the underling Linux OS doesn't like sudden power downs !

FYI

My recovery disk was corrupt and a download of a fresh recovery disk fixed unity connection ! That was a relief !

You should have involved your support team, TAC, or whoever that may be right away if this is an emergency, you cannot possibly expect the level of support required to fix something like this, and under time constrains, on a public forum. TAC is staffed 24x7 for this exact purpose.

Best I could tell you is to try the recovery CDs, or to restore from a backup, if all fails.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can try to bring up the system using a recovery disk, however a rebuild may still be required as per the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116717-trouble-cucm-shutdown-00.html

• Cisco Bug ID CSCth60800, "Recovery Disc warning to rebuild system after file system repair"
  • Cisco Bug ID CSCth53322, "Document the need for system rebuild after file system repair"

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: