Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Bonjour issues with 2504 WLC

Unanswered Question
Sep 29th, 2014
User Badges:

Greetings,

I have a home lab setup with a 2504 WLC running 8.0.100.0, a 3602i, a 3502e, all connecting to a 2960G switch. I also have a Meraki MX60W security appliance as my gateway router and a Meraki MR24 AP connecting to the same switch. All of these devices are on the same VLAN.

I've gone through the configuration guide for bonjour on 8.0, and as far as I can tell, I have everything set up correctly. If I look at the mDNS Domain Names page, I see all the bonjour servicing devices on my network. However, clients on the Cisco WLAN can not see any bonjour services. Strangely, wired clients can see bonjour services that are connected to the WLAN (e.g. if I put my AppleTV on wifi, I can stream iTunes to it from a wired computer, but not from any wireless clients). When I connect to the Meraki AP, everything works.

I've been pulling my hair out over this for weeks. I really wanted to figure it out on my own, but I'm giving up on that and reaching out to the community. Has anyone seen this type of behavior before? Any ideas for what could be the problem or how I could further troubleshoot? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Rob

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rasika Nayanajith Mon, 09/29/2014 - 13:15
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Hi Rob,

Did you enable "mDNS snooping" global setting (Controller -> mDNS -> mDNS snooping). Below guide should gives you step by step references.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/bonjour/7-5/Bonjour_Gateway_Phase-2_WLC_software_release_7-5.html

If you are doing any advanced mDNS policies in 8.0 code then below should helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-0/WLAN-Bonjour-DG.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

rsreeves1 Mon, 09/29/2014 - 14:50
User Badges:

Hi Rasika,

Yes, mDNS Global Snooping is enabled. I've read carefully through both of those guides and followed the instructions step by step. It seems pretty straight-forward, and I can't figure out what I could be missing.

Thanks for your reply.

-Rob

rsreeves1 Thu, 10/02/2014 - 18:01
User Badges:

I installed FUS 1.9. Didn't expect it to help, and I was right. Still looking for answers here. Any ideas out there?

rsreeves1 Fri, 10/03/2014 - 11:02
User Badges:

So, I decided to try clearing the 2504 config and starting over. That didn't work, so next I reset both AP configs. Lo and behold, it's working now! I probably should have taken a snapshot of the AP settings prior to this so I could compare and see what may have been the culprit, but oh well, I'm just glad to have this resolved.

MeMySelfundCisco Mon, 10/06/2014 - 08:26
User Badges:

I´m having similar problems after some clients updated to ios 8.0 - it seems the ios7 devices still work without problems. Is anybody seeing problems with IOS 8 on 7.4.121.0 ? 

Actions

This Discussion