Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC 5508 to send 'Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8'?

Answered Question
Oct 1st, 2014
User Badges:

"The network devices should be configured to send Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8 to enable the probes to collect the IP address of the endpoints."

How do I configure a WLC 5508 to send 'Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8' to my Radius server?

Thanks,

Correct Answer by Rasika Nayanajith about 2 years 10 months ago

in my setup this information coming as part of "radius accounting" packet. No special configuration, just enabled "RADIUS Accounting" for a given WLAN.

In authentication request, you cannot have this information as client will get an IP only after he completes L2 Authentication.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Overall Rating: 0 (1 ratings)
Rasika Nayanajith Thu, 10/02/2014 - 02:16
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You do not want specific configuration, WLC should provide this information as part of "Radius Accounting" packet for each client. Here is the full list of attributes that WLC provide to RADIUS server as part of RADIUS Accounting packets.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

west33637 Thu, 10/02/2014 - 04:49
User Badges:

the WLC is not sending the Framed-IP-address. I know that on the Cisco switches I have to specifically add the following command in order to make the switch send the Framed-IP-address - radius-server attribute 8 include-in-access-req

is there anything additional I need to do on the WLC? because currently, it is not sending this information.

Correct Answer
Rasika Nayanajith Thu, 10/02/2014 - 12:27
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

in my setup this information coming as part of "radius accounting" packet. No special configuration, just enabled "RADIUS Accounting" for a given WLAN.

In authentication request, you cannot have this information as client will get an IP only after he completes L2 Authentication.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

aheredia05 Fri, 09/25/2015 - 13:04
User Badges:

Hello Manannalage,

I have vWLC 8.1.111 and ISE 1.3 patch 4.

few days ago it was working fine. but it started to fail, the ise does not show the authenticated client IP.  This is vital to my wireless clients to have internet via ASA-CDA.

There is something in the ISE i should see?

Regards.

attached is a debug output of Enpoint.

Actions

This Discussion