Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Edge 95 MXP Registered to CUCM 10.5 and Import into TMS 14.4

Philip Flinn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Edge 95 MXP that is registered to my CUCM V-10.5.1 as a 3rd party SIP device.

I have my TMS server (V-14.4) connecting to my call manager and has imported my other Tandberg/Cisco video enpoints,  SX-20's, EX-60's, MX300, but it will not import the Edge 95 MPX unit in to TMS for scheduling.

My assumption is that it is registered as a 3rd party SIP device is why I cannot  import it into TMS.

Is there a profile in Call Manager that needs to be added?

How do I import it from CUCM it to TMS?

pflinn@powerlinesinc.com

469-513-6775

15 Replies 15

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try manually additing it to TMS, rather than trying to Import it from CUCM.  Systems > Navigator > Add System.

Worst case, you could try to add it to TMS as a "Room" (or now called an "Unmanaged Endpoint" in TMS14.5).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks guys I did it the old fashion way and loaded in manually.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

Thanks for letting us know that you've got it working Phil.

Please remember to rate the responses above and to mark your question as answered to assist others who may have a similar issue in the future find the correct solution.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi all,

Can someone share the link or document on how to configure Tandberg Edge 95 MXP as third party SIP endpoint in CUCM ?  also is there any specific license in CUCM that I'll need to register a Tandberg endpoint ? I am running CUCM 10.5

Thanks in advance !!

Danny

Hi Danny,

Check out this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11511746/phone-type-edge-95-mxp-not-found-cm86

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Dear Mayne

Tried the same configuration, but edge-95 throwing an error saying server cannot be found, check all connectivity between edge-95 and cucm all is fine, even tried configuring owner user on cucm for this endpoint and also anonymous.

Also tried changing sip phone profile from standard to other options available there.

Help me i whether i am missing something.

Thanks,

Ateeq

Thanks Wayne !! I will give it a shot.

Do you know if you there is any license required to register the Tandberg Edge 95 in CUCM or the SX20 ?

Thanks again !!

Danny

I'd like to know if the BFCP is working well in the cases:

- point-to-point calls with other endpoints like SX20, EX60/90

- multi-point calls using MCU

Regards,

Binh

HI .. My understanding is .. MXP 95 comes with Multisite License ..

Does the multisite feature work fine when registered with CUCM as 3rd party end point .. ?? 

Just want to confirm , technically it should work

Hi Varun,

Rather than adding a question to an old thread on a different issue, it would be better to post your new query as a new discussion.

But, as a quick answer to your question, no, the MXP 95 does not necessarily come with the Multisite Licence, unless it was ordered that way.

If you have a Multisite Licence on your device you will be able to see it listed on the System Status / System Information page on the Web Interface, it'll show "Multisite option  True".

The part number you need is LIC-EDG95-MS, which also requires the LIC-EDG95-NPP licence to work.

If you don't have one installed, you will need to purchase one, although, with the Edge 95 MXP being an End of Sale device, you may no longer be able to do so.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Thanks Wayne for looking at the thread anyways, but my question was 

If the device already has multisite License, will it work fine if I move it and register it to CUCM as 3rd party end point ?

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As Wayne says: Add it "the old fashioned way", i.e. not using "From List" > "Unified CM". I have seen this working in other deployments.

Regards,
Kjetil

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil,

are all the functionalities of Edge 95 working when it's registerd to CUCM as 3rd party SIP device? We are going to migrate a bunch of Edge 95 from VCS-C to CUCM 10.5.

Thanks,

As far as I can tell so far everything is working OK for us.

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: