Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastrastructure 2.1 HA Configuration

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Having commissioned and tested failover between a pair of appliances I was rather surprised to discover that they do not share a VIP address.  From an operational support perspective this implies that I need to configure each host to accept snmp queries from two servers and double the number of snmp trap receivers to cater for instances where the Primary appliance is out of service.  This implies that the network is having to cope with twice the volume of snmp udp 162 traps and alerts.  I dare not even think about syslogging!

Hopefully, I've missed something, but how do fellow community members handle this eventuality?

Thanks in anticipation

Michael

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern , I have heard similar kind of query before. but this how it has to be implemented.

we need to have traps send to both the servers though one server is Online at one time :(

otherwise , we have to take the pain of doing this if in case fail over happened.

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: