Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Holiday Script UCCX Date array creation?

Unanswered Question
Oct 3rd, 2014
User Badges:

Hello all....I am creating a script in which

• The topology of script # is as follows
    • Patron calls # – script checks holiday_check.aef for an holiday
      • If a holiday: script checks day.
        • If weekday: script checks time.
          • If b/t hours 2pm – 8pm: caller is transferred to # for attendant to answer
          • If outside of those hours: caller will be taken to menu worded script
        • If weekend: script checks time.
          • If b/t hours 10am – 8pm: caller is transferred to # for attendant to answer
          • If outside of those hours: caller will be taken to menu worded script
      • If not an holiday: caller will be taken to menu worded script

I utilize a holiday_check script for my holidays.  I tested it last week and it worked.....but after placing into production a night ago, it fails to recognize the holiday.  I have utilized Reactive Script debug but it will not check my subflow.  I just don't understand why it'd work and then the day after placed into production the thing fails. 

If you wouldn't mind checking out the images attached and any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeffery

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Samuel Womack Fri, 10/03/2014 - 13:15
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The Holiday Script "stands by itself" meaning you can debug it without Reactive Debug (remove the main script from the picture)..if you debug it and you get True then the problem lies either in the SubFlow or some of the Logic you are trying to apply using the && Operator..remove the complexity and add back in piecemeal..

h0gb0y420 Fri, 10/03/2014 - 13:35
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply Sam, but when i run a debug on the holiday script, it debugs to End where it should of found today being a holiday....true.

Actually, just closed the editor, and reopened to debug the holiday_check and it stopped on true.  I've stripped down the if statement in Main to

if (isHoliday == true) then hits triggering contact #.  This still doesn't seem to work.

Any further help, would be greatly appreciated.

Samuel Womack Fri, 10/03/2014 - 14:47
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

When you run the main script (utilizing Reactive Debug..because you called in) after the SubFlow Step executes what does isHoliday evaluating to? If I understood correctly, when you debug the Holiday Script standalone you get True..so when the SubFlow Step is done Executing isHoliday should become true..which leads me to..What Data Type is your isHoliday variable? It should be Boolean..if it is Boolean..you don't need to write your IF condition with == you can just put in:

if (isHoliday) {

//Today is a Holiday

}

h0gb0y420 Mon, 10/06/2014 - 11:52
User Badges:

Sam,

Sorry for delayed response, but I have finally figured out that it was my holiday_check.aef script.

So, I'd set sTodaysDate = D[now] and it'd worked early last week, but after preforming much debugging; it appeared that the date format being pulled from server was "October 6, 2014" instead of 10/06/14.  Changed the format of dates entered into string holidays, and worked like a champ.

Thank you for you input.  Greatly appreciated.

Jeffery

Actions

This Discussion