SPA232D - CUCM 9.1

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a SPA232D and ATA registered with Call Manager

I have done the following:

1. Placed the device in Bridge Mode

2. Added it to CUCM as a Advacned 3rd Party SIP Device

3. Made a Copy of Advanced Sip Security Profile and added the digest authentication feature

4. Added the above security profile to the device

5. Added a User in CUCM and set a digest password

6. Associated the user with the phone

When I try to register the handset, I get "Not Registered" message

When I select "Network Settings" on Handset, I get "Base Not Available " message. I get the same message when I press "SIP Settings" Button

I have the ATA plugged into my LAN on the ETHERNET port. I can see the ATA in my mac address table, and the port is up/up. But I do not see any IP address. Tried plgging my LAN into the Internet port and got the same results

I tried statically assiging the ATA, plugged my LAn into the Ethernet port and could not ping it. However, I could ping it locally plugged into my laptop

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My registration issues were because of my SPA232D settings. I have attached my settings to this reply. 

The DECT to base registration is covered in the SPA manual. Just go to settings on the handset and then handset registration, then register. Press and hold the page button on the base for at least 7 seconds to the green light blinks quickly.

Once the DECT see the base you should see a line text label on the DECT of "handset 1"

Hope this helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

I am just going to up this once to see if I can get a comment. Thanks!

My registration issues were because of my SPA232D settings. I have attached my settings to this reply. 

The DECT to base registration is covered in the SPA manual. Just go to settings on the handset and then handset registration, then register. Press and hold the page button on the base for at least 7 seconds to the green light blinks quickly.

Once the DECT see the base you should see a line text label on the DECT of "handset 1"

Hope this helps.

Steve

I'm not having any luck getting this  to register to my CM 8.6, I have followed every step.

Any other ideas?

Hello pamwharton,

Did you have any luck getting this registered? I also followed your steps and cannot get this SPA232D to register with our CUCM. The SPA302D Handset is registered to the SPA323D ATA but I cannot get the ATA to register with CUCM.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rob G

Roberto, we got it working briefly, but it was extremely flaky. Instead, I went and bought a VG202XM and just plugged an analog cordless phone into it.

Yes I finally got it working, I will put together a document that might help.

Just a side note, these units work well because you can go in a tweak the dial rules, we use star * dialing and the ATA will not allow that, so the SPA's have a time and a place.

we got it working briefly, but it was extremely flaky. Instead, I went and bought a VG202XM and just plugged an analog cordless phone into it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: