cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Country/Region Setting Not Offering Correct Choice

Ronald Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I have six WAP4410N access points, and one of them has the only selections in the country/region box as South America, Mexico, or Puerto Rico. The devices are located and purchased in the NE USA, all from the same location.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or does it even matter? I have done the hard reset, reload firmware, hard reset, reconfigure routine but still no change in my selections.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

If I may where are you located? For the WAP4410N, what is the serial number that it has? How long have you had the devices? Where did you purchase them from?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

I am located in south central Pennsylvania. I am not at the device location right now, so the serial number will have to wait until later. All units were purchased from New Egg about three years ago. Here again I can get you specifics if needed later. I am suspecting that a unit that was suppose to be for export only got mixed in with the North American stock. How I did not see the incorrect region until just recently is somewhat a mystery.

What I do have is the PID VID of WAP4410N-E V02 with a MAC address of 58:8D:09:E2:D1:B0 if that helps you at all.

Thanks for the reply.

Ron

Hello Ron, that does confirm that you have a model that was meant for overseas. The serial number and proof of purchase would greatly assist me in further researching this, to see if there is someway I can help you resolve this.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

I know I can get the serial number, will have to contact finance dept and see where the bill of sale is. Will be in touch.

Thanks,

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: