Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Need CISCO switch which support 10 GBPS Traffice

Unanswered Question
Oct 7th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi all,

In my data center currently I have 13 servers with Cisco Ethernet switch which supports 1 GBPS network that switch is up-linked with a sonicwall firewall.

We recently bought a new sonicwall firewall which has a two 10GE port.So I am looking now a cisco switch which has at least 16 10GE Fiber ports and one/two 1 GB Ethernet ports.That one  1 GB ports will connect to existing cisco switch and 16 GE FC ports will connect  to firewall and as well as all server which I am planning to move one by one as we buy 10 GB supported SFC Network adapter cards for these servers.

Can you guys suggest me a Cisco Switch with 10 GE Fiber supported with 1/2 1 GBPS ethernet.Also if you can suggest me 10 GE Supported SFC adapters for Dell R 710,R720 and IBM x3550,M4 and IBMx3650 M4 servers.

Thank You

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joseph W. Doherty Tue, 10/07/2014 - 06:31
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

4500-X.

Actions

This Discussion